Block Machine Operator / Supervisor
Location: U.S. Virgin Islands
This hands-on position will operate plant machinery to produce a quality product as well as provide direction and oversee production activities that involves assigning work, implementing policies and procedures, recommending improvements in production methods, training employees, and ensuring a safe work environment. In addition, responsibilities will include maintenance activities that encompass troubleshooting equipment, making minor adjustments and repairs on machinery and ordering parts as needed.
- Supervise block plant employees, distribute workload, manage work schedules and plan efficiently for training needs of the staff
- Report weekly production, work goals, purchasing, inventory for equipment and materials
- Work collaboratively with field supervisors, operations and employees to ensure goals are met
- Loads/unloads raw materials for manufacturing process
- Adjusts machine controls to proper settings
- Monitors machine operations to ensure that quality and efficiency standards are met
- Performs block production machinery cleaning and maintenance
- Changes molds as needed to produce different types of blocks in quantities needed
- Troubleshoots block production machinery and performs basic repairs
- Performs proper housekeeping tasks throughout the work shift
- Document issues, attend field operations meetings and contribute solutions to operations
- Performs all other tasks needed to optimized plant block production
- Other duties as assigned
Other duties and responsibilities as required by business necessity may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management formally, informally or in writing.
Scheduling and shift assignments and work location may be changed at any time as required by business necessity.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience operating Besser block equipment or similar machinery is a plus.
- Previous supervision experience especially in hand on role in manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Background in mechanical repair that includes hydraulics, pneumatics and electrical is preferred.
- Batching systems experience is a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction and procedure manuals.
- Frequently required to walk, sit, climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Visual ability to include peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Proven field service experience.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Ability to walk on uneven terrain.
- Must be physically capable of walking, driving and assessing areas on high and low elevations.
- Ability to work flexible shifts and to adapt to changing work schedules.
- Must be able to interpret and follow written and oral instructions and assignments.
- Must have a USVI driver’s license and good driving record.
Other Physical Requirements
How to Apply
Submit Resume to email@example.com
No phone calls please.