Customer Service Technical Support Representative
Department: Customer Service
Location: Alpena, Michigan
This position is an extension to our Customer Service Representative team providing in-house and field technical support as well as promoting machine and mold parts, capital equipment, paid service and training to customers and prospects for the entire Besser product line. The customer Service Technical Support Representative reports to the Customer Service Manager.
Accountability: Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
Honesty/Integrity: Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
Respect: Maintains a positive and respectful attitude.
Loyal : The trait of feeling a duty to the employer.
Relationship/Consensus Building: Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers and bring about group solidarity to achieve a goal.
Time Management: Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
Tolerance: Ability to work successfully with a variety of people without making judgments.
Attendance: Strives for perfect attendance and commits to report to work on time.
- Follows written policies, procedures and best practices developed for the customer service team.
- Secures orders from existing and potential customers by direct contact.
- Generates parts quotes and orders including price and the appropriate lead time as specified by purchasing, the supplier, or manufacturing.
- Requests and follows up with customers on open quotes, RMAs, credit, etc. and updates customer with revised ship dates.
- Enters purchase orders for direct shipments to customers.
- Obtains part specifications and measurements as required to complete a customer order.
- Assists with installing new equipment, upgrades and specific paid services for both in-house and filed.
- Contributes to customer communications, service bulletins, capital equipment leads, problem solving, process and procedural improvements.
- Provides hands-on technical assistance and training to customers during and after equipment installation and as needed.
- Completes technical installation and service reports; call cards, reports on product problems encountered.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Associate’s degree in business or related field; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience: Three years of experience in a related field with electrical and mechanical experience preferred.
Skills: Exceptional knowledge of equipment and production of products and plant practices. Good oral and written communication skills. Good computer skills; knowledge of current business systems and software programs. Good organizational skills. Ability to effectively communicate with customers at many levels.
Requirements: Must be willing to travel worldwide for a maximum of three weeks per month. Must be physically able to perform manual labor and lift a minimum of 100 pounds. Must be fluent in English, bi-lingual preferred. Must have good driving record.
N (Not Applicable) not applicable to this occupation
O (Occasionally) up to 33% of the time (0- 2.5 hours per day)
F (Frequently) 33% to 66% of the time (2.5 to 5.5 hours per day)
C (Constantly) more than 66% of the day (5.5 hrs)
|Reach Above Shoulders||O|
|Squat or Kneel||O|
|10 lbs or less||O|
|Over 100 lbs||N|
|12 lbs or less||O|
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Color, Peripheral, Depth Perception)
An office environment in a controlled atmospheric building.
How to Apply
Do you think you’d make an excellent fit for Besser Company and enjoy all the beauty that Alpena, Michigan has to offer? Please forward your resume to:
Besser Company World Headquarters
Attn: Janet Behnke, Corporate Human Resources Director
801 Johnson Street
Alpena, MI 49707 USA