Location: Alpena, Michigan
This position is responsible for assisting engineering and application engineering with documentation of records, order entry, estimates for potential orders, and creating and updating equipment manuals.
Accountability: Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
Honesty/Integrity: Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
Respect: Maintains a positive and respectful attitude.
Loyal : The trait of feeling a duty to the employer.
Relationship/Consensus Building: Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and coworkers and bring about group solidarity to achieve a goal.
Time Management: Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
Tolerance: Ability to work successfully with a variety of people without making judgments.
Attendance: Strives for perfect attendance and commits to report to work on time.
- Work with applications engineering for order entry.
- Pull together machine installation drawings and engineering documentation for application engineering.
- Assist in putting together engineering estimates for sales group on new potential orders.
- Keep standard module lists up to date, fill out group parts lists as required.
- Creation and updating of equipment manuals.
- Green book creation, ensuring completion after being filled out, and filing.
- Works with manufacturing as equipment is being built to capture changes to equipment (fasteners, hydraulic kits, machine parts, etc.)
- Review all engineering orders / SOP’s prior to shipping to ensure completion of assembly and testing.
- Ensure all MET/UL documents are filled out and filed properly.
- Provides oversight of outsourced designed components as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in engineering preferred, other degrees and experience will be considered.
Experience: Solidworks and AutoCAD experience preferred.
Skills: Communications and technical understanding across multiple disciplines is a necessity. Must be familiar with business systems and Microsoft Office software programs. Strong verbal and written communications skills.
Requirements: Being organized and being able to handle multiple projects.
N (Not Applicable) not applicable to this occupation
O (Occasionally) up to 33% of the time (0- 2.5 hours per day)
F (Frequently) 33% to 66% of the time (2.5 to 5.5 hours per day)
C (Constantly) more than 66% of the day (5.5 hrs)
|Reach Above Shoulders||O|
|Squat or Kneel||O|
|10 lbs or less||O|
|Over 100 lbs||N|
|12 lbs or less||O|
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Color, Peripheral, Depth Perception)
An office environment in a controlled atmospheric building.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume to:
Besser Company World Headquarters
Attn: Janet Behnke, Corporate Human Resources Director
801 Johnson Street
Alpena, MI 49707 USA