Location: Sioux City, Iowa
The Manufacturing Manager is responsible for managing plant floor workflow and shop floor employees. The Manufacturing Manager is responsible for on-time delivery and compliance with all company safety, quality, and quantity policies. The Manufacturing Manager reports to the Operations Manager.
Accountability: Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
Honesty/Integrity: Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
Respect: Maintains a positive and respectful attitude.
Loyal : The trait of feeling a duty to the employer.
Relationship/Consensus Building: Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers and bring about group solidarity to achieve a goal.
Time Management: Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
Tolerance: Ability to work successfully with a variety of people without making judgments.
Attendance: Strives for perfect attendance and commits to report to work on time.
- Achieves cost reductions.
- Supervises shop floor employees.
- Responsible for manufacturing processes and equipment. Organizes work for smooth operations and shift changes.
- Maintains a work flow that corresponds with business system scheduling tools.
- Recommends and initiates sourcing of parts when workload exceeds manpower or work center resources.
- Evaluates steps in manufacturing to eliminate waste, reduce cycle time and implementation of lean enterprise.
- Coordinates improvements in inventory systems, inventory availability, and inventory turns.
- Reports any programming, processing and equipment problems to the corresponding departments and the Operations Manager.
- Responsible for meeting production, quality and quantity standards.
- Responsible for implementing company safety policies and training employees.
- Ensures accurate data entry into the business system via direct training and supervision of labor pool.
- Conducts regular departmental information and safety meetings communicating to the labor pool as directed by the Plant Manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Associates degree in business, industrial management or equivalent.
Experience: Two years of experience in the manufacturing field.
Skills: Must have good verbal and written communications skills. Good organizational skills and personal leadership skills required. Must have the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management. Must be familiar with Microsoft Office software programs and business systems. Must be able to understands lean manufacturing concepts and initiate process improvements to improve efficiency and reduce costs.
Requirements: Must be able to manage confrontation, possess a general understanding of manufacturing, and be supportive of management’s decisions.
N (Not Applicable) not applicable to this occupation
O (Occasionally) up to 33% of the time (0- 2.5 hours per day)
F (Frequently) 33% to 66% of the time (2.5 to 5.5 hours per day)
C (Constantly) more than 66% of the day (5.5 hrs)
|Reach Above Shoulders||O|
|Squat or Kneel||O|
|10 lbs or less||F|
|Over 100 lbs||N|
|12 lbs or less||F|
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Color, Peripheral, Depth Perception)
A plant floor environment in a controlled atmospheric building.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume to:
Besser Company World Headquarters
Attn: Janet Behnke, Corporate Human Resources Director
801 Johnson Street
Alpena, MI 49707 USA