Location: Alpena, Michigan
This position is responsible for the mechanical design, development, and improvements of new or existing products. The Mechanical Engineer reports to Engineering Manager.
Accountability: Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
Honesty/Integrity: Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
Respect: Maintains a positive and respectful attitude.
Loyal : The trait of feeling a duty to the employer.
Relationship/Consensus Building: Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers and bring about group solidarity to achieve a goal.
Time Management: Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
Tolerance: Ability to work successfully with a variety of people without making judgments.
- Originates and/or develops designs for products relating to defined project specifications.
- Creates mechanical models and drawings of product line.
- Creates mechanical bill-of-materials of product design.
- Evaluates and resolves technical feasibility, design evaluation/optimization, and production issues.
- Responsible for meeting project costs/margins and target release dates.
- Understands lean manufacturing concepts and initiates process improvements to improve efficiency and reduce costs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering required.
Experience: Seven years of industry related experience. Three years experience in SolidWorks.
Skills: Ability to clearly develop ideas in the form of working models and drawings. Must be familiar with a variety of manufacturing process, materials programming software, business systems, and Microsoft Office software programs. Strong verbal and written communications skills.
N (Not Applicable) not applicable to this occupation
O (Occasionally) up to 33% of the time (0- 2.5 hours per day)
F (Frequently) 33% to 66% of the time (2.5 to 5.5 hours per day)
C (Constantly) more than 66% of the day (5.5 hrs)
|Reach Above Shoulders||O|
|Squat or Kneel||O|
|10 lbs or less||O|
|Over 100 lbs||N|
|12 lbs or less||O|
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Color, Peripheral, Depth Perception)
An office environment in a controlled atmospheric building.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume to:
Besser Company World Headquarters
Attn: Janet Behnke, Corporate Human Resources Director
801 Johnson Street
Alpena, MI 49707 USA