Kingston Block and Masonry
Location: Kingston, New York
The Production Manager is responsible for all activity on the production floor. The manager is responsible for tactical planning and daily operations related to employee safety, product quality, customer service, production efficiency, preventive maintenance, and regulatory compliance.
- Building a production schedule for the coming week that uses labor efficiently to meet customer expectations for delivery
- Managing the plant safety program (daily huddles, monthly training, inspections, procedure development, behavioral observations, 5-S projects, and enforcement/discipline)
- Developing frontline Leads to be more effective
- Recruiting/onboarding new employees to support the plant workload
- Managing monthly budgets and job-based budgets for labor and material spending
- Making improvements to product quality, production efficiency, safe work practices, etc.
- Daily and monthly reporting on labor usage, materials usage, etc.
- Managing raw material and finished goods inventories
- Managing the purchasing and receiving process for the production area
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Previous management experience in production, maintenance or quality control required - at least 5 years’ experience preferred
- 2 year degree / equivalent
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to plan work and successfully implement programs through the direction of others
- Demonstrated competence with MS Office programs, network navigation, and production/accounting software
Other Physical Requirements
This position involves a considerable amount of time walking on the plant floor (50%+), climbing stairs/ladders, bending/crouching, lifting up to 40 lbs., sitting behind a computer, and the occasional use of hand tools.
How to Apply