Kingston Block and Masonry
Location: Kingston, New York
Are you ready for more responsibility and a new challenge? Kingston Block and Masonry is seeking an experienced plant superintendent for their Besser V3-12 Vibrapac plant that primarily produces standard block, many which are enhanced after production. A combination of management and hands-on machine skills are required. The company offers a very competitive compensation package is looking for a loyal individual to grow with the company which was founded in 2000 and embraces the mantra: manufacturing for a sustainable tomorrow™.
- Building a production schedule for the coming week that uses labor efficiently to meet customer expectations for delivery
- Managing the plant safety program (daily huddles, monthly training, inspections, procedure development, behavioral observations, 5-S projects, and enforcement/discipline)
- Developing frontline Leads to be more effective
- Recruiting/onboarding new employees to support the plant workload
- Managing monthly budgets and job-based budgets for labor and material spending
- Making improvements to product quality, production efficiency, safe work practices, etc.
- Daily and monthly reporting on labor usage, materials usage, etc.
- Managing raw material and finished goods inventories
- Managing the purchasing and receiving process for the production area
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Ability to read written instructions
- The ability to comply with all company rules and regulations, especially those addressing plant safety
Other Physical Requirements
This position involves a considerable amount of time walking on the plant floor (50%+), climbing stairs/ladders, bending/crouching, lifting up to 40 lbs., sitting behind a computer, and the occasional use of hand tools.
How to Apply
+1.845.338.9900 (ext: 210)