Location: Sioux City, Iowa
The Assembler is responsible for assembling machine components, as well as erecting, testing, teardown, and shipping pipe machinees and other equipment. The Assembler will also be expcted to cross-train in other departments to support work flow. The Assembler reports to the Shop Supervisor.
Accountability: Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
Honesty/Integrity: Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
Respect: Maintains a positive and respectful attitude.
Loyal : The trait of feeling a duty to the employer.
Relationship/Consensus Building: Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers and bring about group solidarity to achieve a goal.
Time Management: Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
Tolerance: Ability to work successfully with a variety of people without making judgments.
Attendance: Strives for perfect attendance and commits to report to work on time.
- Read and understand hydraulic and electric schematics for the purpose of building or troubleshooting equipment.
- Accurately enter time and quantity completed into the business computer system.
- Read blueprint for specifications, such as materials to be used and dimensions and tolerances.
- Work in high places from ladders, platforms, and man lifts.
- Understnad proper procedures for working on energized electrical and hydraulic systems.
- Be able to weld proficiently with stick and mig.
- Use proper PPE at all times.
- Comply with all company safety policies and procedures.
- Cross-train n the fabrication and/or machine shop to support the flow of work as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Experience: Two years shop experience
Skills: Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, benefits, repair, and maintenance. Knowledge of blueprints, drawings, and models. Knowledge of mathematics. The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, and carry objects. The ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach out with body, arms, and/or legs. Using hands and arms in handling, installing, forming, positioning, and moving materials or in manipulating things such as hand tools and hoist.
Requirements: Assembler must work in a safe manner and must have a safe work record. Safety must be the first and foremost concern as these machines are capable of great bodily harm.
N (Not Applicable) not applicable to this occupation
O (Occasionally) up to 33% of the time (0- 2.5 hours per day)
F (Frequently) 33% to 66% of the time (2.5 to 5.5 hours per day)
C (Constantly) more than 66% of the day (5.5 hrs)
|Reach Above Shoulders||F|
|Squat or Kneel||O|
|10 lbs or less||F|
|Over 100 lbs||N|
|12 lbs or less||F|
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Color, Peripheral, Depth Perception)
A plant floor environment.
How to Apply
Do you think you’d make an excellent fit for Besser Company and enjoy all the beauty that Alpena, Michigan has to offer? Please forward your resume to:
Besser Company World Headquarters
Attn: Human Resources, Hiring
801 Johnson Street
Alpena, MI 49707 USA