Department: Plant General
Location: Alpena, Michigan
Writes, develops, and improves new or existing CNC programs for various products. Has internal contacts with Engineering, Tool Engineering, and Manufacturing department personnel regarding ideas, drawings, and fixturing, as well as external contacts with vendors in the development of CNC Programs, to resolve problems and to provide prototypes.
- Originates and/or develops CNC programs and CNC machine setup for various parts and assemblies. CNC machine setup may include the design or adaptation of existing or new fixture designs to existing or new products and the specification of tooling.
- Utilize various Computer Aided Drafting/Manufacturing (CAD/CAM) systems, including 2D and 3D wireframe, and solids for programming and drafting work.
- Query business system for design and process information.
- Associate’s degree CNC Programming or experience with Programming.
- Successfully passed Besser Programming test.
- Some drafting ability to draft setup sheets for shop.
- Individual must be familiar with a variety of manufacturing processes, materials selection, tooling selection, fixturing, and general shop practices.
- Individual should be familiar with or have the ability to use office equipment, such as fax machines, and copy machines.
- Individual should be familiar with or have the ability to use a business system.
- Individual should have some phone skills.
- Individual should have some keyboarding skills.
- Individual should be familiar with or have the ability to use an e-mail system, word processors, spreadsheet software, and the Internet.
Company Expectations of Employee
JOB KNOWLEDGE [Employee has skills to complete their duties and understand their new role]
QUALITY OF WORK [Employee’s output is accurate, complete, and works in a safe manner]
QUANTITY OF WORK [Employee is effective and efficient with their time; while meeting deadlines]
RELATIONSHIPS [Employee works well with the team/customers and fits our ‘ownership’ culture]
INITIATIVE [Employee is self‐motivated and shows interest in adding value beyond job description]
An office environment in a controlled atmospheric building as well as a plant floor environment.
How to Apply
Do you think you’d make an excellent fit for Besser Company and enjoy all the beauty that Alpena, Michigan has to offer? Please forward your resume to:
Besser Company World Headquarters
Attn: Human Resources, Hiring
801 Johnson Street
Alpena, MI 49707 USA