Location: Sioux City, Iowa
The Electrical Designer creates or updates electrical schematics, electrical bill-of-materials, and product manual information and improves new or existing products. The Electrical Designer reports to the Engineering Manager.
- Utilizes AutoCAD/CAD systems for electrical design and drawing creation for all Besser products.
- Originates, develops and updates electrical designs for products relating to defined company or customer requirements.
- Updates electrical designs or existing customer applications.
- Creates, edits and queries bill of materials on business system.
- Completes required forms for drawing revisions and releases.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Associates degree in CAD or equivalent experience.
Experience: Two years’ experience working with electrical systems preferred.
Skills: Understanding of electrical systems, PLC’s and HMI’s. Must be able to quickly learn and utilize AutoCAD CAD to create schematics. Must be familiar with electrical component selection and general electrical shop practices. Must be familiar with Microsoft Office software programs.
Company Expectations of Employee
JOB KNOWLEDGE [Employee has skills to complete their duties and understand their new role]
QUALITY OF WORK [Employee’s output is accurate, complete, and works in a safe manner]
QUANTITY OF WORK [Employee is effective and efficient with their time; while meeting deadlines]
RELATIONSHIPS [Employee works well with the team/customers and fits our ‘ownership’ culture]
INITIATIVE [Employee is self‐motivated and shows interest in adding value beyond job description]
An office environment in a controlled atmospheric building; often in a plant floor environment.
How to Apply
Do you think you’d make an excellent fit for Besser Company and enjoy all the beauty that Alpena, Michigan has to offer? Please forward your resume to:
Besser Company World Headquarters
Attn: Human Resources, Hiring
801 Johnson Street
Alpena, MI 49707 USA