Location: Sioux City, Iowa
The Welder is responsible for all aspects of welding small and large weldments. The Welder reports to the Shop Supervisor.
Accountability: Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
Honesty/Integrity: Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
Respect: Maintains a positive and respectful attitude.
Loyal : The trait of feeling a duty to the employer.
Relationship/Consensus Building: Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers and bring about group solidarity to achieve a goal.
Time Management: Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
Tolerance: Ability to work successfully with a variety of people without making judgments.
Attendance: Strives for perfect attendance and commits to report to work on time.
- Performs set-up and operational sequence on a diversified line of standard weldments and structures per drawing or work order.
- Locate and pull materials using forklift when necessary.
- Use various cutting tools such as torch, saws, and drills.
- Maintain all equipment used to weld, including but not limited to welder, grinder, torch, and drill.
- Reads work order for specifications, such as materials to be used, location of cutting lines, and dimensions and tolerances.
- Examines completed work pieces for defects such as chipped edges and marred surfaces, and sorts defective pieces according to defect.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Two years shop experience.
Skills: Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, benefits, repair and maintenance. Knowledge of blueprints, drawings and models. Knowledge of mathematics. The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull and carry objects. The ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach out with the body, arms, and/or legs. Using hands and arms in handling, installing, forming, positioning, and moving materials or in manipulating things such as hand tools and hoist.
Requirements: Operator must work in a safe manner and must have a safe work record. Safety must be the first and foremost concern as these machines are capable of great bodily harm.
N (Not Applicable) not applicable to this occupation
O (Occasionally) up to 33% of the time (0- 2.5 hours per day)
F (Frequently) 33% to 66% of the time (2.5 to 5.5 hours per day)
C (Constantly) more than 66% of the day (5.5 hrs)
|Reach Above Shoulders||F|
|Squat or Kneel||F|
|10 lbs or less||F|
|Over 100 lbs||N|
|12 lbs or less||F|
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Color, Peripheral, Depth Perception)
A plant floor environment.