Department: Technical Service
Location: Alpena, Michigan
Machine Tool Programmer/Checker – CNC Programming
Checks, writes, develops, and improves new or existing CNC programs for various products. Has internal contacts with Engineering, Tool Engineering, and Manufacturing department personnel regarding ideas, drawings, and fixturing, as well as external contacts with vendors in the development of CNC Programs, to resolve problems and to provide prototypes.
Drafting ability to draft setup sheets for shop, must be familiar with a variety of manufacturing processes, materials selection, tooling selection, fixturing, and general shop practices. Should be familiar with or have the ability to use office equipment, such as fax machines, copy machines, and use the company’s business system. Should have phone and keyboarding skills and have the ability to use an e-mail system, word processors, spreadsheet software, and the Internet. Must be familiar with Microsoft Office software programs and be a team player
- Checks, originates and/or develops CNC programs and CNC machine setup for various parts and assemblies. CNC machine setup may include the design or adaptation of existing or new fixture designs to existing or new products and the specification of tooling.
- Utilize Solidworks and Computer Aided Drafting/Manufacturing (CAD/CAM) systems, including 2D and 3D wireframe, and solids for programming and drafting work.
- Query business system for design and process information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education: Associate’s degree CNC Programming or experience with Programming.
- Experience: At least 2 years of experience in related field is preferred.
How to Apply
Do you think you’d make an excellent fit for Besser Company and enjoy all the beauty that Alpena, Michigan has to offer? Please forward your resume to:
Besser Company World Headquarters
Attn: Janet Behnke, Corporate Human Resources Director
801 Johnson Street
Alpena, MI 49707 USA