Department: Technical Service
Location: Alpena, Michigan
Works under the general supervision of supervisor or leader following standard work procedures with access to verbal direction in case of doubt. Low probability of loss from carelessness or inattention. Work checked by others.
Performs routine operations. Good judgement required in measuring cut. Uses scale to measure length of cut to dimension.
- Sets up and operates power saw to perform cutting operations on various sizes of square, round, angle or tubular stock.
- Operates hand grinder and other hand held power tools.
- Follows standard operating procedures following operations sheets and blueprints.
- Move material as needed for productive operation.
- Uses scales and gauges in accordance with specifications.
- Move work to and from workcenters and adjacent departments.
- Changes blade or disks as required.
- Deburrs parts and stamps part numbers.
- May be required to operate other machines or perform other secondary duties while performing primary duties.
- Actively pursues process improvement.
- Support lean manufacturing initiatives.
- General or basic machine maintance.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: Some prior experience in using power cutting equipment, measuring various sizes of metal stock, plus one month of on-the-job experience.
Normal machine shop conditions, oil, noise and chips. Occasional lifting up to 40 pounds – mechanical handling devices available for heavy parts. Must follow appropriate safety procedures to avoid exposure to cuts, bruises, and irritations from materials, parts, or tooling dropped from machine, pallets, or hoists.
How to Apply
Do you think you’d make an excellent fit for Besser Company and enjoy all the beauty that Alpena, Michigan has to offer? Please forward your resume to:
Besser Company World Headquarters
Attn: Janet Behnke, Corporate Human Resources Director
801 Johnson Street
Alpena, MI 49707 USA