Location: Sioux City, Iowa
For over 110 years, we have been driven by our belief that concrete is the perfect building material. Our goal is for the industry to continue growing by satisfying the needs of today’s construction industry with aesthetically pleasing, durable, safe, environmentally sound, and exceptionally high-quality manufactured concrete products. We’re proud that Besser production systems are engineered and manufactured to produce those results.
As an employee-owned and operated company – the only one of its kind in the concrete products industry – the strength of Besser Company lies in our passionate, talented, and dedicated employees. Collectively, they keep us on the leading edge of production equipment technology for the global building materials industry. At Besser, it starts with YOU.
To attract and retain the absolute highest caliber of employees, we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefit package, which includes:
- Employee stock program (ESOP shares)
- 401(k) retirement plan with a matching company contribution
- Competitive base salary
- Bonus program
- Group healthcare with Health Savings Account
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life and disability insurance
- Paid time off
- Holiday pay
- Company training and tuition reimbursement
- Career advancement and travel opportunities
This position is responsible for the mechanical design, development, and improvements of new or existing products. The Electrical Engineer reports to the Engineering Manager.
Accountability: Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
Honesty/Integrity: Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
Respect: Maintains a positive and respectful attitude.
Loyal : The trait of feeling a duty to the employer.
Relationship/Consensus Building: Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers and bring about group solidarity to achieve a goal.
Time Management: Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
Tolerance: Ability to work successfully with a variety of people without making judgments.
Attendance: Strives for perfect attendance and commits to report to work on time.
- Originates and/or develops designs for products relating to defined project specifications.
- Creates mechanical models and drawings of product line.
- Creates mechanical bill-of-materials of product design.
- Evaluates and resolves technical feasibility, design evaluation/optimization, and production issues.
- Responsible for meeting project costs/margins and target release dates.
- Understands lean manufacturing concepts and initiates process improvements to improve efficiency and reduce costs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering required.
Experience: Seven years of industry related experience. Three years experience in SolidWorks.
Skills: Ability to clearly develop ideas in the form of working models and drawings. Must be familiar with a variety of manufacturing process, materials programming software, business systems, and Microsoft Office software programs. Strong verbal and written communications skills.
N (Not Applicable) not applicable to this occupation
O (Occasionally) up to 33% of the time (0- 2.5 hours per day)
F (Frequently) 33% to 66% of the time (2.5 to 5.5 hours per day)
C (Constantly) more than 66% of the day (5.5 hrs)
|Reach Above Shoulders||O|
|Squat or Kneel||O|
|10 lbs or less||O|
|Over 100 lbs||N|
|12 lbs or less||O|
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Color, Peripheral, Depth Perception)
An office environment in a controlled atmospheric building.
How to Apply
Do you think you’d make an excellent fit for Besser Company and enjoy all the beauty that Alpena, Michigan has to offer? Please forward your resume to:
Besser Company World Headquarters
Attn: Janet Behnke, Corporate Human Resources Director
801 Johnson Street
Alpena, MI 49707 USA