Location: Alpena, Michigan
MFG Maintenance/Electrical Supervisor
Works with manufacturing PIT Team, electrical engineering, and purchasing to improve processes, methods and workflow. Responsible for management of manufacturing Panel Build department and Maintenance department electrical and mechanical staff. Manages repairs of manufacturing floor production equipment, and overseer of building maintenance.
- Utilizes the Company’s business system (EPICOR) specific to employee attendance and payroll, Maintenance Scheduling module, EPICOR Dashboards, and related EPICOR Trackers to perform part and job cost analysis.
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of the maintenance department.
- Supervises electrical maintenance service and repairs of equipment and fixtures such as motors, lighting, and transformers. Applies best practice procedures utilized in electrical maintenance.
- Evaluates systems or facilities to determine maintenance or repairs that need to be performed.
- Develops maintenance procedures and schedules.
- Organizes work for smooth operations and shift changes.
- Research, request quotes and work with purchasing agent on maintenance items for repairs.
- Assists with OSHA requirements.
- Ensures maintenance and repair work is completed correctly and in a timely manner.
- Identify problems in maintenance as they arise and resolves issues with vendors, either through purchasing, quality assurance, production, or any other sources as required.
- Analyzes operational performance results to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Creates functional specifications for system related integrations identified from process improvement initiatives.
- Supports and adheres to the requirements of the Company’s Safety Program.
- Must be open to completing other duties not specifically listed above as requested by the Manufacturing team.
Experience: Five years of experience a manufacturing maintenance environment preferred. Five years of industrial and residential electrical experience. High level of analytical skills with the ability to investigate issues and determine root cause. Comfortable working in the fast-paced manufacturing/engineering landscape with the responsibility of impacting business success in this environment. Extensive knowledge of building systems such as plumbing, electrical, and HVAC.
Skills: Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail. Ability to plan maintenance schedules for building systems. Must be a self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision. Ability to work multiple projects, multi-task, and bring projects to closure. Hands on “roll up your sleeves” approach to solutions. Highly organized, flexible, and the ability to meet deadlines.
Requirements: Potential for working various shifts.
Company Expectations of Employee
JOB KNOWLEDGE [Employee has skills to complete their duties and understand their new role]
QUALITY OF WORK [Employee’s output is accurate, complete, and works in a safe manner]
QUANTITY OF WORK [Employee is effective and efficient with their time; while meeting deadlines]
RELATIONSHIPS [Employee works well with the team/customers and fits our ‘ownership’ culture]
INITIATIVE [Employee is self‐motivated and shows interest in adding value beyond job description]
Manufacturing production floor and office environment.
How to Apply
Do you think you’d make an excellent fit for Besser Company and enjoy all the beauty that Alpena, Michigan has to offer? Please forward your resume to:
Besser Company World Headquarters
Attn: Human Resources, Hiring
801 Johnson Street
Alpena, MI 49707 USA