Location: Alpena, Michigan
The Designer designs, models, details, develops and improves new or existing products. The Designer reports to the Engineering Manager.
- Utilizes SolidWorks/CAD systems for model creation and design, stress analysis, drafting and detail work for all Besser products.
- Originates, develops and updates designs for products relating to defined company or customer requirements.
- Updates designs or existing customer applications.
- Creates, edits and queries bill of materials on business systems.
- Completes required forms for drawing revisions and releases.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Associates degree in CAD or equivalent experience.
Experience: Two years experience in drafting, design and SolidWorkds/CAD.
Skills: Drafting ability to clearly develop ideas in the form of working drawings and sketches. Must be familiar with manufacturing processes, materials selection, tooling selection, fixturing, and general shop practices. Must be familiar with Microsoft Office software programs.
Company Expectations of Employee
JOB KNOWLEDGE [Employee has skills to complete their duties and understand their new role]
QUALITY OF WORK [Employee’s output is accurate, complete, and works in a safe manner]
QUANTITY OF WORK [Employee is effective and efficient with their time; while meeting deadlines]
RELATIONSHIPS [Employee works well with the team/customers and fits our ‘ownership’ culture]
INITIATIVE [Employee is self‐motivated and shows interest in adding value beyond job description]
An office environment in a controlled atmospheric building.
How to Apply
Do you think you’d make an excellent fit for Besser Company and enjoy all the beauty that Alpena, Michigan has to offer? Please forward your resume to:
Besser Company World Headquarters
Attn: Human Resources, Hiring
801 Johnson Street
Alpena, MI 49707 USA