Location: Alpena, Michigan
Process Improvement Engineer
The Process Improvement Engineer works with manufacturing, engineering and purchasing to improve manufacturing methods, processes, products and workflow and supports the overall implementation of lean enterprise.
- Responsible for implementing company safety policies and training employees.
- Evaluate steps in manufacturing to eliminate waste, reduce cycle time and implementation of lean enterprise.
- Initiates engineering changes, then coordinates, implements, manages and tracks changes through engineering and manufacturing.
- Creates and communicates project status reports to provide credibility and visibility for the lean process.
- Coordinates improvements in inventory systems, inventory availability, and inventory turns.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures as well as local, state, and federal regulations.
Education: Minimum of Associates degree in Engineering or Manufacturing. Bachelor degree preferred.
Experience: Five years of experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in a job shop.
Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate well and present to all levels of employees. Better than average math skills required. Must be able to analyze all information and see cause and affect possibilities. Requires problem solving, creative and innovative ideas. Must understand manufacturing methods, machine capabilities, and workflow through the production facility. Knowledge of all activities that occur before a job hits the production floor. Good product knowledge required with an understanding in lean enterprise application and analysis. Experience working with CAD software and business system software. Must be familiar with Microsoft Office software products.
Requirements: Understands lean manufacturing concepts and initiates process improvements to improve efficiency and reduce costs. Hands-on approach. Shift work and some travel required.
Company Expectations of Employee
JOB KNOWLEDGE [Employee has skills to complete their duties and understand their new role]
QUALITY OF WORK [Employee’s output is accurate, complete, and works in a safe manner]
QUANTITY OF WORK [Employee is effective and efficient with their time; while meeting deadlines]
RELATIONSHIPS [Employee works well with the team/customers and fits our ‘ownership’ culture]
INITIATIVE [Employee is self‐motivated and shows interest in adding value beyond job description]
An office environment in a controlled atmospheric building as well as a plant floor environment.
How to Apply
Do you think you’d make an excellent fit for Besser Company and enjoy all the beauty that Alpena, Michigan has to offer? Please forward your resume to:
Besser Company World Headquarters
Attn: Human Resources, Hiring
801 Johnson Street
Alpena, MI 49707 USA