Location: Alpena, Michigan
Sales Application Engineer
This position coordinates masonry, hardscape, curing, pipe and precast, and bins and batching capital equipment sales for the concrete products industry.
- Works with the field sales team on all capital equipment requests from proposal creation to installation and start-up.
- Develops standards and templates for sales proposals.
- Creation of sales proposals, plant layouts/sales drawings, and foundation, installation, erection drawings.
- Ensures that equipment specifications and product performance rates are accurate on sales documents.
- Creates and ensures that equipment specifications sheets are completed for each capital sales order.
- Coordinates project scope change/review activities for capital sales orders.
- Prepares cost/profit analysis for capital equipment orders.
- Coordinates contract review activities for capital sales orders.
- Ensures that capital equipment documentation is created and shipped on a timely basis.
- Initiates and coordinates customer invoicing with the Finance Team.
- Acts as the liaison between sales, engineering, manufacturing, and installation teams to ensure the smooth flow of capital equipment ship dates, status updates, and all necessary shipping compliance documentation.
- Works with suppliers to specify and negotiate critical trade goods and capital components and perform final vendor selection.
- Develops and maintains sales pricing based on corporate policies, including standard proposals and layouts as well as a detailed standard price list.
- Assists with sales and service representatives in the field to ensure all equipment specifications are correct.
- Ensures that field capital equipment issues have been resolved and communicated to appropriate managers for corrections.
- Assists with handling incoming customer calls, including entering sales orders.
- Must be open to completing other duties not specifically listed above as requested by the Sales team.
Education: High School (required), Degree in Mechanical or Civil Engineering (preferred).
Experience: None (required). Work experience in engineering, sales, or manufacturing operations (preferred)
Skills: Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees, management, and customers. Willingness to travel (required). Familiarity of a variety of the field’s concepts, practices and procedures. Proficient in AutoCAD and SolidWorks applications. Commercial negotiation skills (preferred).
Company Expectations of Employee
JOB KNOWLEDGE [Employee has skills to complete their duties and understand their new role]
QUALITY OF WORK [Employee’s output is accurate, complete, and works in a safe manner]
QUANTITY OF WORK [Employee is effective and efficient with their time; while meeting deadlines]
RELATIONSHIPS [Employee works well with the team/customers and fits our ‘ownership’ culture]
INITIATIVE [Employee is self‐motivated and shows interest in adding value beyond job description]
Manufacturing production floor and office environment.
How to Apply
Do you think you’d make an excellent fit for Besser Company and enjoy all the beauty that Alpena, Michigan has to offer? Please forward your resume to:
Besser Company World Headquarters
Attn: Human Resources, Hiring
801 Johnson Street
Alpena, MI 49707 USA