Department: Customer Service
Location: Alpena, Michigan
Technical Assistant – Customer Experience
This position provides administrative support to the technical service and customer service teams.
- Manages incoming customer service and maintenance requests, completes internal call log, and follows up as appropriate.
- Processes No Charge Orders, including the creating of Purchase Orders.
- Sends quotations to customers and field staff for service, training, evaluations, and other clerical assistance.
- Creates service orders for service jobs from open quotations or other service requirements. 5. Collects, corrects, and manages all paid service work sheets and prepares for month-end invoicing. 6. Prepares completed service orders including days on site, all expenses, and other charges. Closes service order for the invoicing procedure.
- Manages the service calendar and maintains communication between the customer, service technicians, and field staff.
- Helps to facilitate emergency parts deliveries to Technical Service representatives during critical startups and installations in the field.
- Collects, reviews, edits, and files all service reports electronically.
- Generates, collects, and files electronically all startup checklists.
- Customer Maintenance – maintaining and updating customer information via CRM by calling customers to verify contact information and equipment.
- Assists the Customer Service team with facilitating customer calls/emails and order entry. 13. Helps to maintain and update customer database through data entry.
- Ships promotional materials to employees, customers, and vendors.
- Assists the technical service and customers service teams with other administrative items as requested.
Education/Experience: Associate’s degree in business or two years of experience with customer service or providing administrative assistance.
Skills: Strong communication skills. Positive customer interaction. Strong knowledge of business systems and Microsoft software programs. Good organizational skills.
Company Expectations of Employee
JOB KNOWLEDGE [Employee has skills to complete their duties and understand their new role]
QUALITY OF WORK [Employee’s output is accurate, complete, and works in a safe manner]
QUANTITY OF WORK [Employee is effective and efficient with their time; while meeting deadlines]
RELATIONSHIPS [Employee works well with the team/customers and fits our ‘ownership’ culture]
INITIATIVE [Employee is self‐motivated and shows interest in adding value beyond job description]
An office environment in a controlled atmospheric building.
How to Apply
Do you think you’d make an excellent fit for Besser Company and enjoy all the beauty that Alpena, Michigan has to offer? Please forward your resume to:
Besser Company World Headquarters
Attn: Human Resources, Hiring
801 Johnson Street
Alpena, MI 49707 USA