Technical Service Representative
This position provides overall technical service, maintenance, installation, troubleshooting, and training for the Besser product line. Technical Service Representatives report to the Technical Service Manager.
Accountability: Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
Honesty/Integrity: Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
Respect: Maintains a positive and respectful attitude.
Loyal: The trait of feeling a duty to the employer.
Relationship/Consensus Building: Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers and bring about group solidarity to achieve a goal.
Time Management: Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
Tolerance: Ability to work successfully with a variety of people without making judgments.
- Provides hands-on technical assistance and training to customers during and after equipment installation and as needed.
- Completes technical installation and service reports; reports on product problems encountered.
- Promotes service and parts to customers as needed.
- Prepares service and parts proposals through the business system.
- Understands lean concepts and initiates improvements to improve efficiency and reduce costs.
- Provides innovative ideas and utilizes resources to exceed sales and service goals.
- Follows written policies, procedures and best practices developed for the customer service team.
- Assists customers with installing new equipment, upgrades and specific paid services.
- Trains customers on operation of equipment.
- Completes call cards, expense reports and provides capital equipment leads to the capital team.
- Contributes to customer communications such as service bulletins and newsletters.
- Must be open to completing other duties not specifically listed above as requested by the Technical Service team.
Education: Associate degree in mechanical, electrical, or equivalent field experience is preferred.
Experience: Two years of experience in a related field with electrical and mechanical experience preferred.
Skills: Knowledge of concrete products equipment, production of products, and common plant practices. Ability to effectively communicate with customers at many levels. Mechanically and electronically inclined.
Requirements: Must be willing to travel worldwide; sometimes being last minute requests. Must be physically able to perform manual labor and lift a minimum of 100 pounds. Must be fluent in English, bi-lingual would be welcomed. Must have good driving record.
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Color, Peripheral, Depth Perception)
A typical manufacturing/production environment in a non-controlled atmospheric building.
How to Apply
Do you think you’d make an excellent fit for Besser Company and enjoy all the beauty that Alpena, Michigan has to offer? Please forward your resume to:
Besser Company World Headquarters
Attn: Human Resources, Hiring
801 Johnson Street
Alpena, MI 49707 USA